|Zone 7 Engineering, LLC is an electronics engineering company based in Portland Oregon
USA created by seasoned engineer David Ashman. David is a senior level engineer with
extensive experience in the design of digital & analog circuitry incorporating various
microprocessors/DSPs, and development of embedded C/C++ firmware.
Zone 7 Engineering can assist customers in any of the following areas:
- Electronic prototyping and preparation for product commercialization.
- Electronic circuit schematic design, PCB design, test, debug, and integration.
- Embedded processor firmware design (drivers, application, and DSP algorithms),
development, debug, and integration.
- Initial project design (specification writing and structuring).
Zone 7 Engineering has experience with designing electronics and embedded firmware
for the following projects:
- Hand held and remote meters
- OBD vehicle electronics
- Wired and wireless sensors
- High performance audio capture / processing / reproduction and audio CODEC
- Medical wearable devices
- Low power battery driven electronics
- IoT device to server electronics and firmware (MQTT, HTTP / HTTPS / JSON protocols)
- Device to device electronics and firmware (BLE, ISM, WiFi)
- BLDC and BDC motor control
Summary of processors & tools regularly utilized:
- Processors: ST Micro STM32F0/F1/F4, Analog Devices BlackFin BF706, SHARC 210xx, and
214xx, MicroChip dsPIC33/PIC16/PIC18, NXP Cortex-M4, Texas Instruments
TLV320AIC3254 CODEC miniDSP
- Embedded IDE tools: IAR EWARM, Analog Devices CrossCore Embedded Studio,
MicroChip MPLAB-X, Keil uVision, Eclipse GCC, Texas Instruments PurePath Studio DSP
- Embedded IP libraries: Segger emWin GUI, Segger emFILE FAT32 file system, SQLite,
OBD Experts vehicle OBD-II, Micrium uC/OS-II RTOS, MicroDigital smxFS FAT file system,
Closed Loop Design (CLD) USB Audio
- Interface: SPI, I2C, I2S, CANbus, UART, A/D, D/A, PWM, SDRAM, RGB TFT LCD
- Wireless: SimCom SIM7500 LTE, uBlox MAX-M8 GNSS / GPS, Telit HE910 3G, Linx
Technologies GNSS / GPS, Roving Networks RN171 WiFi, Atmel ATWINC1500 WiFi, TI
CC1101 sub-1GHz ISM, HopeRF RFM96W LoRa, MicroChip RN4020 Bluetooth LE, and KC
Wirefree KC4114 Bluetooth Smart / Low Energy (BLE)
- Schematic capture: OrCAD
- Drawing tools: AutoCAD LT
- Analog simulation tools: CircuitLab
- Version control: SubVersion and GIT
David's education background:
Master of Science (M.S.), Electrical engineering | Johns Hopkins University
Digital Signal Processing concentration
1995 - 1999
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), Electrical engineering | Rochester Institute of Technology
1987 - 1990
Associate of Science (A.S.), Electrical engineering | State University of New York at Alfred
1985 - 1987
|Embedded Electronic Hardware and Firmware Design from Portland, Oregon USA
All images and pages Copyright © Zone 7 Engineering, LLC. All rights reserved.